How to prepare for lipo
If you suffer from having adipose pockets, most surgeons would likely recommend you to undergo liposuction. Usually, this procedure is performed on the abdominal area, hips, thighs, knees and waist.
No matter how good your surgeon is, your full cooperation and preparation are needed in order to achieve the desired result. By being prepared, you are reducing the possible pre- surgical anxiety as well as the post-surgical stress and other complications.
- Make a list of questions about the details and post-surgical care that you want to discuss with your surgeon.
- Be open to making necessary arrangement as per your surgeon’s advice in terms of recovery. It involves leave from work and having assistance around the house after the surgery.
- As always, it is always recommended to have a healthy diet. It includes keeping your body well-hydrated as well.
- You will be required to undergo plenty of blood tests. Make sure to cooperate.
- On the day of the intervention, come to the clinic without wearing makeup, nail polish and remove your piercings if you have.
- Two weeks before the surgery, you would be required to avoid taking aspirin or anti-inflammatory medication.
- If your surgery will be done under general anesthesia, you would be advised not to eat or drink anything 8 hours before the surgery. If a local anesthetic is administered, you might be permitted to have a very light meal.
Your preparation and discipline can help you a lot in avoiding unnecessary complications during and after the procedure.