Taking care of yourself after liposuction
Aside from an improved looking body after liposuction, a patient must also expect that the incisions made during the procedure will leave behind scars that are permanent. There will also be pain and discomfort after the intervention for a certain recovery time, depending on the patient’s discipline and routine after the surgery.
Here are tips on how to take care of yourself after liposuction:
- Wear a compressive corset or girdle non-stop for at least two weeks or a month. This is to reduce edema and to help you achieve the desired final results. This also helps help you skin retract after the fat was suctioned from the areas treated.
- After the surgery, the patient will normally feel muscle soreness. There are simple analgesic medications like Tylenol that can be used for pain control. Your surgeon will require you to avoid pills such as aspirin, anti-inflammatory or steroids.
- You can get back to work, study or resume your day to day activities in just a few days after the surgery. But for best results, it is highly recommended to avoid intense physical activities for at least a month.
- Getting active, walking and performing the casual chores can be more beneficial for your recuperation than spending time on your bed.
- Have a balanced eating plan with regular exercises and keep yourself well-hydrated.
Remember, the results of liposuction can be maintained for a longer period of time, but this is highly dependent on the patient’s discipline.