Five myths about the silicone implants
Silicone breast implants are so famous. Within seconds of searching the Net, you’ll get a flood of results. However, you can’t be sure if the information is all true. That’s why it is important to seek information from trustworthy sources so you can save yourself from having unrealistic beliefs and expectations.
Here is a list of commonly encountered myths about silicone breast implants:
1. If the silicone implant is big enough, breast lifting procedure is not needed anymore. The introduction of big implants sometimes causes the “double bubble” effect. It causes the implant to drop down behind the natural fold. The surgeon will need to excise the skin and tissue that are in excess in order to correct the breast ptosis. 2.
2. Laser can be used for breast augmentation with silicone implants. All types of implant surgery involve the use of a scalpel for creating incisions. And yes, there will be scars. But they will eventually fade to almost invisible in time. 3. Personalized silicone implants can be ordered. No, personalized silicone implants don’t exist. However, silicone implant manufacturers provide a huge array of implants with different sizes, volumes,
3. Personalized silicone implants can be ordered. No, personalized silicone implants don’t exist. However, silicone implant manufacturers provide a huge array of implants with different sizes, volumes, shapes and textures. 4. Silicone implants can last
4. Silicone implants can last a lifetime. There are patients who never need to replace the implants. But when complications arise, the implants have to be removed and replaced. On the other hand, producers recommend that the implants be removed after 10-15 years.
5. Flying is not possible if you have silicone implants. There are various studies that prove there is no relation between the rupturing or leakage of silicone implants and flying. For your best interest, always make sure to verify the information with a board-certified and experienced surgeon.