5 false myths about liposuction
In order to achieve the desired weight, most people turn to liposuction to acquire the perfect figure in quick and easy ways. This medical treatment appeals especially to busy people who don’t have the time to exercise and maintain regular and healthy eating habits. However, most people think that they only need to come to a surgeon’s clinic, pay the price and everything will be okay. There are popular myths that are associated with liposuction. Do not let yourself fall into the traps of these myths and misconceptions.
1. Liposuction is a treatment for weight loss. Liposuction is not a method that is performed to help relieve excess weight. It is a form of plastic surgery procedure that aims to fix bulginess and cushy layers of the body.
2. Liposuction is a method that is free from risks and complications. Like any other medical surgery procedure that require the use of general anesthesia, this procedure is associated with after-surgery side effects such as edema, seroma and infection if not properly performed.
3. Liposuction can remove cellulite. Liposuction is a treatment that removes fat deposits on particular regions of the body. It is not a procedure intended to remove cellulites that can be found directly under the skin.
4. Liposuction results last a lifetime. Once the fat cells were removed from a specific region of the body, it doesn’t mean that they will be gone forever, especially if the patient continues to consume more calories than necessary. The aging process also affects the results.
5. Liposuction is not a genuine surgery. This medical surgery requires a licensed plastic surgeon and it should be done in a surgical environment. Potential dangers might come your way if you overlook this aspect thinking that liposuction is just like running on your thread mill.