10 things you should know about silicone implants
Breast augmentation surgery that involves silicone implants is one of the most in-demand breast enhancement treatments that women want today, especially in USA. This procedure aims to enhance the size and the firmness of the breasts. If you’re among those people that are interested in having silicone implants, you might as well do your research. This can save you in the long run. If you have undergone this procedure, then you should keep the following things in mind so that you would know if you’re still experiencing normal things after surgery or if you need further medical help.
1. The first 24-48 hours after surgery would give you pain and discomforts. There would be swelling as well. There are pain relief medications that should be issued by your surgeon.
2. Full recovery can take for as long as 2-3 months. Avoid stressing activities especially during the first month.
3. Your nipples and areolas may be temporary super sensitive. There would also be a temporary loss of breast sensation.
4. You are at risk of potential infections. Prescribed antibiotics must be taken.
5. In the first 3-4 days, discomforts in moving are normal. But make sure to limit your movements.
6. Original breast sensation can be expected to return in a matter of 2-3 weeks.
7. The scars of the surgery will eventually fade after two years.
8. If there’s an excessive bleeding, make sure to seek medical help.
9. If the treatment is performed by an inexperienced rupture, you might experience a breast implant rupture.
10. If the implants start to contract, you might be experiencing capsular contracture. You must visit your surgeon for this matter.